Always check the official website for the latest information about Visas in Sri Lanka.
3 types of visa in Sri Lanka
- Tourist visa with Double Entry for 30 days*
- Business visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days*
- Transit visa with Single Entry for 2 days
5 different ways of obtaining a visa for Sri Lanka
- By the Applicant
- By Third party
- At Sri Lanka Overseas Missions
- At the head office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo
- On arrival at the port of entry in Sri Lanka (a bit more expensive)
3 different payment profiles
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Countries
- All Other Countries
- Children of any nationality under 12 years of age
Price for a visa in Sri Lanka
At the moment of writing Transit Visas are free, and so are all the visas for children under 12.
Inhabitants of SAARC countries pay $20 for a tourist visa and $30 for a business visa in Sri Lanka (+$5/10 if you take a visa on arrival).
Everyone else pays $35 for a tourist visa in Sri Lanka and $40 for a business visa (+$5/10 if you take a visa on arrival).
You can find the most recent fees via http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/fees.jsp.
*How To Extend Short Visit Visa.
A visitor wishing to stay more than 30 days in Sri Lanka, may apply for an extension. The Short Visit visa may be extended up to 90 days from the date of arrival at the first instance and further 90 days at the second instance.
Application for an extension should be submitted to the Visa Section of the Department of Immigration (head office) by visiting the Department or through an Authorized Agent.
For more details visit. www.immigration.gov.lk.
General Sri Lanka blog posts
- Sri Lanka in 3 weeks on a budget
- How to spend 1 day in Kandy with a personal driver
- 27 things you didn’t know about Sri Lanka
- 20 phrases you should know before going to Sri Lanka
- Visa Sri Lanka
- The first days of our honeymoon in Negombo
- How to get from Negombo to Dambulla by bus
- Sea Turtle hatchery in Habaraduwa
Hoeveel uur verschil is het daar . Groetjes opa en oma .
3,5 uur verschil. 🙂